What better way to start out the New Year 2022 than getting qualified on a Rough Terrain Mobile Crane. These employees show they care right from the minute you meet them with their professionalism, weath of knowledge and courtesy towards each other. Wish to recognize this company for their hard work and dedication to their trade. What a clean well run buisness and I personally look forward to the next class in this first quarter of 2022; Rigging and CPR/First Aid/AED training.
The students this week had an opportunity to learn the following required to become a mobile crane operator:
- OSHA standards and ASME regulations/State agency requirements
- Responsibilities of operator, site supervisor, lift director, rigger/signaler
- Inspections, Testing, Maintenance – Daily, Frequent, Periodic
- Crane and Outrigger Set-up, Leveling Procedures and Barricades
- Operating near power lines/electrical hazards/danger zone
- Operational Aids: LMI Systems, Computers, Anti-Two Blocking Devices
- Static / Dynamic Loads, Drift and Boom Deflection
- Center of Gravity, Radius, Boom Length, Boom Angle
- Load rating chart interpretation / Weight calculation
- Pre-lift, Critical lifts, Special lifts and Lift Planning
- Knot-Tying, Rigging and Hardware safety
- Sling Inspection Procedures/Care and Maintenance
- Crane Signals-Hand, Verbal and Radio
- Best Practices and Manufacturer’s Recommendations
Congratulations to the new Mobile Crane Operators at Bendel in Charlotte, North Carolina.
The Bendel Story
Bendel specializes in the design and shop fabrication of Pressure Vessels, Reactors, Shell & Tube Heat Exchangers and Storage Tanks. Our custom fabricated products are built to nationally recognized standards which include ASME, API, TEMA, and UL and are available in Stainless Steel, Carbon Steel and Nickel Alloy materials of construction.
All our products are custom-designed and fabricated by Bendel in our Charlotte, NC facility . We serve the Chemical, Petrochemical, Pulp & Paper, Textile, Paint, Water/Wastewater Treatment, and Pharmaceutical markets, to name a few.
Bendel’s modern fabrication facility encompasses more than 65,000 sq. ft. of manufacturing area on a 12-acre site located less than 1 mile from Interstate Hwy’s I-85 & I-77.
Bendel is a proud member of:
- Associated Builders and Contractors- ABC
- Association of Chemical Industry of Texas
- Economic Alliance- Houston Port Region
- Louisiana Chemical Industry Alliance
- Steel Tank Institute- STI-SPFA