Introducing the newest members of the OSHA 30 Hour General Industry Course. These students represent the National Park Service. Employees traveled from all over our parks to attend the 30 hour course in Morehead City, North Carolina. There was even a representative from the United States Coast Guard currently stationed in Morehead City.
OSHA recommends Outreach Training Programs as an orientation to occupational safety and health for workers covered by OSHA 29 CFR 1910. General industry workers must receive additional training, when required by OSHA standards, on specific hazards of the job.
Crews Crane Training International, Inc. has Outreach Trainers to provide you with the training for 10 & 30 hr in both General Industry and Construction Industry.
Listed below is the course description and classes provided to achieve the 30 hour certificate and wallet card issued. For further details contact us here at CCTI, Inc. (336) 337-1043 www.cranetraininginternational.com
OSHA 511 General Industry 30 hr (Course # OSHA-GEN30) The Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA) Outreach Training Program is a voluntary program to train workers in the basics of safety and health hazard recognition and prevention. OSHA authorizes trainers who complete general and construction industry train-the-trainer courses to conduct occupational safety and health classes for workers. OSHA has promoted workplace safety and health by authorizing trainers since 1971.
The 30-hour General Industry Outreach Training Program is intended to provide entry level general industry worker information about their rights, employer responsibilities, and how to file a complaint as well as how to identify, abate, avoid, and prevent job related hazards on a job site.The training covers a variety of general industry safety and health hazards which a worker may encounter. Training should emphasize hazard identification, avoidance, control and prevention, not OSHA standards.
Instructional time must be a minimum of 30 hours. 30-HOUR MANDATORY COURSE TOPICS * Introduction to OSHA – at least one hr.- OSH Act, General Duty Clause, Employer and Employee Rights and Responsibilities, Whistleblower Rights, Recordkeeping Inspections, Citations, and Penalties, Value of Safety and Health, OSHA Website, OSHA 800 number and resources
* Managing Safety and Health – at least two hrs.
* Walking and Working Surfaces, including fall protection – at least 1 hr.
* Exit Routes, Emergency Action Plans, Fire Prevention Plans, and Fire Protection – 2 hrs.
* Electrical – at least 2 hrs.
* Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – at least 1 hr.
* Materials Handling – at least 2 hrs.
* Hazard Communication – at least 1 Hr
30-HOUR ELECTIVE COURSE TOPICS
Choose at least 5 of the following topics – Must add up to at least 10 hours, minimum length of any topic is one-half hour
* Hazardous Materials (Flammable and Combustible Liquids, Spray Finishing, Compressed Gases, Dipping and Coating Op)
* Permit-Required Confined Spaces
* Lockout / Tag-out
* Machine Guarding
* Welding, Cutting, and Brazing
* Introduction to Industrial Hygiene
* Bloodborne Pathogens
* Fall Protection
* Safety and Health Programs
* Powered Industrial Vehicles
30-HOUR OPTIONAL COURSE
Teach other general industry hazards or policies and/or expand on the mandatory or elective topics. Optional 8 hours.
The minimum length of any topic is one-half hour.
Each student will receive:
- Employee Training Handbook
- Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive an OSHA 30-Hour General Industry Outreach
Department of Labor course completion card and Attendance Certificate.